Food play a vital role in the life of every good soul living being and if we talk about CHUTNEY than trust me it’s like a bonus point in one’s life. Chutney fills a tasty colour in a tasteless dish. Today we are going present some well known chutneys and their quick and easy recipes.
Get ready to spice up your taste:
1. Onion Chutney
Famous in many south Indian homes. Onion chutney is a great accompaniment to any food item like dal bhati, idli and fritters etc.
• Heat oil in a pan or wok.
• And then red chilly, tamarind, onion, hing (asafoetida), saute the onions, are golden color, add salt, tomatoes, cashew nuts, cook for some time and add jaggery.
• Switch off the flame let it cool down and make a paste in the mixture.
2. Garlic Chutney recipe
This chutney paste can be used for many purposes like you can use as an accompaniment or as the base for sandwiches or anything or drop a generous dollop in any gravy to make it fiery and yummy.
• Combine all the ingredients in a mixer with ¼ cup of water and blend to a smooth paste
.• Refrigerate and use as required.
3. Schezwan Chutney:
If you love to flavor your food with Indian Chinese then this chutney is the best idea. You can use it as a dip, add in any Chinese dish or simply enjoy it with anything food item.
• Grind together the onions, garlic, and ginger.
• Heat the oil in a wok add the whole red peppers and saute over high heat till they darken a bit.
• Add the onions, garlic, and ginger and stir-fry over high heat till glossy.• Add the cornflour mixture and bring to a boil.
• Lower the heat and add the chili powder, vinegar, soy sauce, chili sauce and salt and mix well.
• Cook till well blended (1/2 minute) and use.
4. Mango Pachadi
This Mango chutney is sweety-tangy spicy, flavorful and of course, the aroma is very delectable. And even mangoes are in the market now so why wait? You can enjoy this chutney with any rice preparation.
• Firstly, heat oil in a pan or wok. Later put some the mustard seeds and let it crackle. Then later add red chilies, chopped onion and grated ginger.
• Saute onions till it turns brownish golden.Then add mango pieces.
• Cook the mango pieces until tender.
• Later add half cup of sugar and a little water. Now add coconut and let it come to boil.Then add chili powder and turmeric powder. Then mash it well with a ladle or hand blender.
• Cook for more few minutes.
5. Chana Dal Chutney
Chana Chutney which is also known as Mysore chutney is super tasty. Once you taste this mouth-watering chutney, we guarantee you will crave for it more. Below is the recipe of this finger licking side dish.
• Firstly heat oil in a pan. Add chana dal and roast well. Later, keep it aside to cool.
• Soak dry red chilies in warm water for half an hour. After half an hour, grind together roasted dal, dry red chilies (broken into pieces), lemon juice, salt, coconut, curry leaves, ginger and water in food processor.
6. Tomato Coriander Chutney
South Indian kitchen boasts of many chutneys. One of them is mentioned below. This is a great appetizer and also some are good for digestion.
• Cut tomatoes into big pieces.
• In a wok, add oil and fry Urad dal till it turns slightly red. Add green chilies and fry for a while. Then add tamarind and fry that too for a second. Then add tomatoes and asafoetida powder.
• Saute the whole mixture for two to three minutes on a low flame. Now add coriander leaves and fry. Turn off the stove and allow to cool. Add a teaspoon of salt and grind altogether to a paste.
• Season it with mustard seeds.
Hope these chutney’s will definitely spice up your life. Always remember that if everything fails to make your taste good, TRIES chutneys actually they work.
Like share and comment and stay tuned to LOPSCOOP!
Image credit – Vikas Kakkar.